I hope that the break has been both relaxing and invigorating for everyone. I am certainly feeling pretty excited going into our third year together and have made preparations in the background to prepare for a great year. But I'm not going to go sharing holiday pics here. Let's get to it. Here are some good things to know:
1. First day of school is Tuesday, September 4th. The grade 10s are currently scheduled to come in for 1pm and go to their homerooms (homeroom info will be out in the main hallway, I trust). In homeroom is where students will get their timetables.
If the student is part of my mentorship program, they'll be coming in at 9:30 to meet with me in the auditorium. The 8s will arrive shortly after at 10:00am. Students will get their timetables during homeroom. I'll be in my office after the mentorship session finishes to meet with any students about timetable issues.
2. Wednesday and Thursday in the first week will be shortened collab days (out at 1:40) so that students can hand in start of year forms, etc. Their will be a homeroom before classes start.
3. Want to sign up for a locker? Grade 9-12 can do it starting the Wednesday, I'm told. Grade 8s get a one day head start and can do it Tuesday, on the first day of the school. Link to the site here: https://vantech.lockerassignment.com/
4. I'm helping move our school and district into using myBluePrint, which helps students plan with their courses at Tech as well as helps them make the link to post-secondary. It's an impressive program that has a ridiculous amount of information available. Specifically, it shows them how the courses and marks they have/get will effect their opportunities after high school, all in real time. I'll be meeting with all students in the first quarter of the year to get them set up on it and building their personal course catalogue, but they get a head start by going here and making an account: https://app.myblueprint.ca/?sdid=sd39 If it asks for an activation key, use "vantech"
5. Check out the 2018 graduation requirements. I've saved this sheet on my site as an easy reference. Things haven't changed much, but it's good to be up to date. Visit here: drive.google.com/file/d/19XpE1qDLWb1x08aiif9m3VFekcHLsjVL/view
Looking forward to a great year. You can always contact me if you've got any questions! :)