We wanted to let families know that anything they donate will be staying in our school community. Like food banks (on a smaller scale) we keep a pantry at our school as a way of helping families throughout the year in particular times of need. Likewise, our school account allows us to organize gift cards for families in emergency situations.
Pastas, toiletries, cans, and easy meals are some great items to bring in. The biggest help over the last 2 years has been the monetary donations which we can use to get additional supplies and supplement hampers with gift cards.
Tax receipts are available for donations of $20 or more by cheque or online (see next part).
Any donation you make will count towards your 2017 taxes.
Three ways to donate:
1. Cheques made out to Vancouver Technical Secondary with your full name and address on it.
2. Bring in coins or cash (this doesn't get a tax receipt though).
3. Donate online (even from your PJs at home!)
* We don't get the money as fast in the online method, but it does really help us build up our longer term reserves, so if it's easier for you, please do! :)
- Go to: https://vsb.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/1869/196/false/true
- Enter in your information and donation amount
- Select “S-Vancouver Technical”
- Write “Holiday Hampers” in the optional message box
If you’ve got questions, please contact me at email@example.com