I hope all the students have had a successful summer, no matter how you define that. I'm looking forward to getting our second year together going. Here are some key dates and things to know.
1. First day: Tuesday, September 5th - Grade 9s come at 9am. This will be a short day (an hour or so). Students will have a welcome meeting with myself and Ms. Coflin, will get their schedule, can meet with me if they have questions or concerns about timetable, etc., and they can also pay fees/get online to get a locker.
Students will have lots of handouts to bring home. Please help fill these out early to avoid issues later :)
2. First FULL CLASS day: Wednesday, September 6th - 8:40 to 3:03. It's a day 1 schedule. Block order will be 1, 2, 3, 4.
I've also attached the school fees for this year below. The base cost is $30 for mainstream programs. Summit/FLEX have additional costs. Students can also choose if they want to get a lock ($10) and/or a yearbook ($45). I've highlighted the ones for grade nine in yellow
3. Student Fees/Lockers: Students will pay for fees using the "School Day" website on or after the first day of school. Parents can access this page starting on Tuesday from the vantech.vsb.bc.ca page. Once fees are paid they'll be able to choose lockers online.
4. Checking your Timetable: Kids and parents can log in to MyEd starting September 1st to see their timetable. Link: www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen/logon.do
5. Class Changes: As a school, we have a policy that we don't change teachers. The only exception to this rule is if a student has had the teacher before and it wasn't a successful year. I am, however, available to make changes of courses with kids for the first two weeks.